Best Muffins Ever!

Saturday morning was the first Saturday that Danny and I didn't have somewhere to be since we've been married (busy, busy), so I decided to make muffins from a cookbook that we got as a wedding present. The book is called Mad About Muffins. It has every kind of muffin you could imagine in this book. Anyways, I have been wanting to put the book to use and try a recipe so I looked through it to find a recipe that called for things that I already had and I decided on the Sour Cream Streusel Muffin and OH MY GOSH! They were SO good! I took some over to my parents house and my dad ate 3 of them and he never eats sweets. I thought I would share the recipe because they are really good and really easy!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup melted butter
8 ounces sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Streusel Topping:
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the melted butter, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Combine well. Add the sour cream mixture to the flour mixture and mix just until the ingredients are combined. Fill greased muffin tins with batter.
To make streusel topping: Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Cut in the butter. Stir in the walnuts. Sprinkle the streusel toping over the batter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Makes one dozen muffins.
Good luck!

2 comments:

marshall memories said...

Jess!! Dude how are you? How is married life? It looks like your cooking all sorts of meals for your hubby and being a GREAT wife!! :) I'm anxious to try your Cafe Rio recipe! My dad is addicted to that place and loved that you found the recipe!! Hope you guys are doing great!!

The Good Ol Days said...

These were the best muffins ever. I loved them after a sleep under the stars. Those were the muffins you made right?? If they were not, It doesnt matter because I still thougth they were the best.