I am thankful for...

I have been a little bummed lately and very stressed so I decided that it is time to stop being negative and start thinking about everything good in my life and everything that I have been blessed with, so I made a little list. “Real life is not always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only survive but surmount our difficulties.”Sarah Ban Breathnach What I am thankful for… o My family and the relationship I have with each of them even though sometimes we think we can’t stand each other. o My job! Sometimes I wish I could just stay home in bed but so many people are losing their jobs and I am just so thankful everyday that I still have mine! o My co-workers and my awesome boss! I couldn’t ask for better people to work for! o All of my nieces and nephews! I am so lucky to get to see them as often as I do. I love them so much! I can’t wait to have kids of my own. o For my health! I can walk, run, see, and hear! Every morning when my alarm goes off at 4:40am and I complain about getting up to work out, I am going to stop and instead be grateful that I have a body that CAN work out! o For my church calling! I am in Young Womens and it is sometimes challenging but I have grown so much from it and should feel privileged to be in there! o For my truck and freedom to get wherever I need to be. I am going to stop complaining about fuel prices and just be grateful that I have transportation!! o For freedom in general. o For the cute little house I live in. o For my sister-in-laws!! I love those girls so much!! I don’t have any sisters and it would always make me sad when I would see my mom with her twin and her other sister and saw how close they had become as adults and I thought I would never have that but now I finally have my sisters and I love them so much!! They are my best friends! o For a dad who worked so hard and sacrificed so that my mom could stay home and be there everyday when we came home from school. (I don’t know how any one can afford one income anymore!) o For all my friends and the support and advice I get from them!! o For the once-a-month movie night with the girls. o Bunkos every third Tuesday o For Kessa and her willingness to work out anytime! o For my mom! Moms are amazing and they make you who you are… whether you learn from their example or learn from their mistakes, we should all be thankful for our moms!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

You are an amazing person! I'm thankful for Bunko too! (and my mom and dad and family etc).

Brittany said...

Wow, I haven't looked at your blog in a while. I really like the design and the header with the beautiful pictures. It's funny, but I actually have scrapbook paper exactly like your main backdrop. I enjoyed your post and, even though it's hard to remember sometimes, I do have a lot to be thankful for as well. Thanks for the reminder.

marshall memories said...

Jess...I love your positive attitude ALL the time!! We all have our times and just have to remember to go back and relfect on the good again because we all have WAY to much of great things in our lives to be negative! Sometimes I get in those rutts and have to step back and realize how great we really have it! So..thanks for reminding all of us who might be feeling negative and for being so great!!!

emily said...

This is a good post Jess, way to look at the positive:) You do have a pretty good life I think:)

Taryn said...

Hey Jess! You are such an awesome person! I miss you! We are doing good. Life is interesting right now. We are living in vegas. Blayke is so much fun. You have to see him. We need to catch up. Talk to you soon.

Love ya!