The Witch Doctor

I am sitting here, at work, in such a good mood and just feeling so good and happy… Work has been crazy and stressful lately and I have been more irritable than usual. Today is different! Why is today different? Let me tell you… Some people may think I am crazy but I am all about “the secret” and the power of a positive attitude. For the past year, I have been going to an energy doctor; some people may call him a witch doctor. He is licensed as a chiropractor but he works with your structural, emotional, and chemical health; he calls it “unique wholistic chiropractic care”. I have been going to him for awhile and he has helped me so much. I originally went to him because I have shoulder problems but he ended up helping me in many more ways than just my messed up shoulder. He is amazing, I would recommend him to anyone with an open mind! A couple weeks ago, someone told me about a lady who also works with your body energy so I thought I would give her a shot, just for someone different, a change. She is a health practitioner, iridologist, and intuitive consultant. I made an appointment and went to her yesterday, WOW! She knew more about me than I knew about myself. It was incredible. It was almost like a two hour therapy session with a physic. She pin pointed everything! Every part of your body is connected to an emotion and those emotions could go back to the day and the way you were born. I know it sounds crazy!! Everything she told me was exactly right though. She made me cry and I absolutely hate crying, especially in front of anyone, she made me laugh, and she had me talking about things that I would not normally talk about with anyone, especially a complete stranger. I’ve never had a hard time making friends but I’ve always had a hard time opening up and just letting someone in. I’ve always kind of kept my distance and I just thought it was because I was independent. She said that it is not because I am independent, it is because I am lonely and that I cover it up but by trying to be “independent”. Without me telling her anything, she said that there were things that happened when I was 6, 11, and 17 years old that reiterated my loneliness. Boy was she right… at age 6, my youngest brother was born and I wanted a sister SO bad. I knew it was my mom’s last baby and I was sad that I was gonna be the only girl forever (now, I wouldn’t change it for the world). At 11, I was in middle school and I HATED middle school! I was depressed, kids at that age are so mean and my best friend and I were always getting in fights and not talking to each other. I begged and begged my mom everyday to home school me so I could stay home and not have to go to school. When I was 17, my best friend since 3rd grade graduated a year early and I was going into my senior year without my best friend and worried about which “click” to hang out with. This lady, without me telling her anything, could tell that something was going on at those three ages that was causing loneliness and therefore making it hard for me to open up to people. It was so cool! That was only one example, we talked about everything and I can honestly tell you that it has already helped me!! Even by me posting this and letting everyone know what total kook I am shows improvement. Today I woke up happy and ready to start my day. I feel like I could take on the world. I absolutely love my life and I just wanted to share that with everyone. Sometimes I wonder if all this nonsense is true and real but even if it’s not, and even if everything that these doctors are telling me is just a coincidence, the same thing that they tell everyone who comes in their office, who cares? If I leave feeling better, with a positive attitude and feeling like a better person, why not? Why not have an open mind and find peace of mind in any way we can? “The only opponent to finding our greatness is ourselves!”

8 comments:

Martine said...

Wow! I love this post and the positive energy coming from it. I would love to have the name of your doctor. I definitely have an open mind when it comes to things like this. Maybe I can get Trisha to make an appointment with me. Can I get her name and number? Also would you tell me how much she charges? You can give the info to Trisha and she can pass it on to me if you would rather not post it on my blog. Thanks. I'm glad you are so happy and loving life.

Crazy Little Chipmunk & 4 Sweethearts said...

Wow! It sounds like you are doing great and that in itself is wonderful! I love your blog it is so cute!

Amanda Monk said...

Best Blog of the day :)

Nate and Felicia said...

I am with amanda on that one!

Meka said...

I agree with you. Have you ever gone to see Ramona Crane in the valley? She is a reflexologist and she is amazing! I had soooo much energy and felt so refreshed for a week just from her rubbing my feet for 2 hours! Anyway I need to explore the holistic world a little more I think! I am glad you are doing so well!

Carrie said...

That is way cool Jessica. I'm gonna hafta call and make an appointment now. Maybe she can help me more than Dr Robirds has. It will definately be interesting to find out!!
Kudos to you! :)

Corey and Haley said...

but you hung out with ME senior year! :( dont act like you didnt love us...ahhh the memories :)

Corey and Haley said...

post something new!! :) I'm in Germany! I need something to read about! :)