1 successful hunt = 2 happy hunters

YAY! I got one! We had SO much fun this weekend! Jason and I both drew tags in the same area so we all headed up to Kalamazoo Friday after work. There was Jason, Kyle, Dusty (all my brothers but Travis :(, my parents, and my three nephews, Dakota, Logan and Kade. Jason got his Saturday morning and I got mine Sunday morning. All I know is those suckers are fast!! By the time you get your gun up, they are already gone so it got a little frustrating. Kyle was chasing some on his 4-wheeler and he said they were going 62 mph! It was way fun though! I took him down in one shot! It was really exciting! I missed a couple bucks before this one though, for one of them it was too long of a shot for my 30-06 so I used Jason's 300 Ultra Mag which left a nice bruise on my shoulder haha. Everyone but me and Jason left Sunday afternoon but he and I stayed to scout out some elk for Jason's elk hunt in November. It was a blast!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Nice! Glad you did good. That's a whole lotta camo in those pictures.

Martine said...

Congrats on getting an antelope! You remind me of a friend here in Marysvale. She loves to hunt. I've only been deer hunting once and I didn't shoot a gun and I didn't have a tag. Kudos to you for filling your tag. I'm just curious if you eat the antelope. I've never heard of eating antelope. If so, is it good. I was telling Trisha we should make some of the meat into jerky. I'm glad you had fun. I love the pics!

Candace said...

Girl, you are crazy! I would be so afraid of doing anything with that animal and there you are holding it dead in your hands. Yikes! Way to go. I guess I shouldn't be so girly sometimes. No wait, never would I have the guts to do that.

Corey and Haley said...

haha! Dude who are you!? I've never seen anyone so cute and girly be so excited to Kill an antelope haha! If it were anyone else I'd give you a lecture on hunting but your just too cute! :)

emily said...

Cute pics! I knew you would get one! I am a very proud sister:) Can't WAIT for this weekend!!!!!!!

Rachel Urie said...

good job jess! when we going to see you again?It's been way too long!

Nate and Felicia said...

Thats pretty awesome! I wanna go hunting.

Trisha said...

Oh those pictures are so cute.. I am so jealous... I wish I could have gone.... You look so dang good Jess.. You are so flippin cute!!!

Trent & Tara said...

wow i have got to hand it to you I have never wanted to hunt. and trent is always saying what a cool wife i would be if i did that....you can be his inspiration ha ha. you are looking soo skinny and smoking hot..even in your camo ha ha. love ya