Savannah and Ryan's Big Day!

After 3 years of dating, Savannah and Ryan are finally Mr. and Mrs. Seastrand! I am so happy for them! Savannah and I are cousins and about 5 weeks apart so we grew up very close; she is one of my best friends and I am so excited for her! The reception was absolutely beautiful with several dozen roses in each centerpiece alone! She had asked me to sing 'Daddy's Hands' for the daddy/daughter dance, a duet that I do with my dad (he accompanies me with the guitar and sings harmony on the melody). I felt honored that she would ask me to sing and I was really excited about it. The night of the reception, as it was getting closer for my time to shine, I was getting really nervous. I was able to calm my nerves though as we started the song... only to find that we had some serious mic problems. The mic kept turning off and on and making that loud obnoxious screeching noise. I didn't know if I should drop the mic and run to a hiding place to cry or just keep chuggin... so I decided to act like a pro and just keep going (the dj was trying to make it work but something was definitely wrong). This was the biggest crowd I had sung for and it turned out to be a train wreck! I felt bad for Savannah more than anything because the daddy/daughter dance is an important thing and all the attention was on the messed up microphone rather and her and my Uncle Ron. With the exception of the disastrous performance and the scorching heat, the reception was absolutely perfect!

Brooklyn, Kade, Kylie
The girls waiting for Savannah to throw her bouquet
BFF Britney and Kylie
Kade just learned how to go cross-eyed...
not such a good thing because he does it in every picture now.

The twins working on the centerpieces (my mom is on the right)

...And the rest is history.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

cute post! You got a lot of cute pictures. You'll have to be sure and give us some copies. Despite the mic problems, you sounded great! you guys have some awesome talent in your family.

Lauren said...

YAY! Hi! Dustin met Bill the other day. I'm glad you have a blog! Drop by ours anytime!!!

Lauren said...

PS Ask Emily to add me to her blog. I would love to see what they're up to!

Duane and Meka said...

Jessica! I am glad you have a blog now. You are so beautiful!! I love the pictures of your house, you should come help me decorate! I am sorry the mic was being stupid at your cousins wedding but I bet it still sounded amazing!

Rachel Urie said...

Hey Katie told me you had a blog, I was so excited. When you coming to Cedar again? Hopefully soon, I've added you to our page. Have a good weekend, and maybe we'll see you next weekend?

Corey and Haley said...

jessica!!! :) hi...that sucks about the mic... I'm sure it was great though :)...I think that under that list of thing you love...you should just put my name :) hehe... anyway...hi! :)